What About The Women?

by - 8:21 PM

Hey all, how's you?

(Drawing by Marion)

I'm pissed. You know why? Because recently, I feel like my eyes are being opened by women have to put up with daily. First, I learn that many of my female friends were raped or sexually agressed when they were younger. Then, I watched a short film by the amazing Sammy Paul called 'One Another' that, yet again, shoved the inequalities faced by women. Next, a mere couple of hours after I watch that short film, my best friend calls me in a panic because a guy cat called her in the street and, when she didn't answer, proceeded to follow her for about 5 minutes, shouting things at her!

You understand? Still not? Then allow me to elaborate. The more I grow up, the more I realise just how shitty it is that I have a vagina. I am going to be less likely to get a job, because I have a vagina. I'm going to be shouted at in the road and I'm expected to be okay with it, because I have a vagina. I can't dress a certain way, because I have a vagina. In some countries, I'm considered less of a human because I have a vagina. My sexuality isn't just my sexuality, but it's also considered 'sexy' and 'a turn on' to people with penises, because my partner and I have vaginas. I'm going to get paid less, because I have a vagina. I have to ask my friends to come with me somewhere because I'm afraid of someone jumping at me, because I have a vagina. The slightest thing I say can be construed as flirtatious, and almost immediately means I want sex with the person on the receiving end of this 'flirting', because I have a vagina. If I get raped, it'll be my fault, because I was asking for it. Because I have a vagina. 

I'm expected to fit some perfect mould various people with penises have created; I'm expected to agree with everything, to nod and wave, to not have any body modifications and god forbid I have any body hair, or anything that could put off someone with a penis because then how would they get off to their totally deformed idea of what a woman looks like? I'm not meant to be anything other than a size zero, I'm not meant to have any excess fat or body rolls, I'm meant to have a flat stomach and double D tits and a arse like Nicki Minaj or Jennifer Lopez.

If I sleep with no one I'm a prude who doesn't know how to let loose, but if I sleep with too many people I'm a slut. If I wear jeans and a roll neck jumper I'm not making the most of my assets, but if I wear shorts and a crop top I'm asking for it. If I get raped, it's my fault. If I get mildly annoyed, I'm hysterical. If I show said annoyance, I'm an angry bitch who's probably on her period and needs to take a chill pill because who in hell thinks that maybe, just maybe, I could just be pissed off at a world that will automatically think that everything is my fucking fault and if I'm not born photoshopped and if I'm not what is considered at the time 'beautifully' then I'm not worth it and I'm considered 'less than' other people and not because my menstrual cycle has affected my mood! I’ve become cynical after a while. I sneer at the prospect of being treated like an object because I’m a woman. I roll my eyes at the concept that I’m never really going to be listened to because I’m a woman. In any case, we're just dumb bitches who need everything to be explained to them slowly.

Like I said in the title of this post - what about the women? We so often get forgotten, because people just expect us to follow willingly. 

Feel free to leave a comment, I'd be really interested in discussing this topic further with you guys.

Matti x

Facebook • Twitter • Instagram • Pinterest • Bloglovin' 

You May Also Like

0 comments