Urban Decay "On The Run" Set Review | Matti May Hardie

by - 12:28 PM

Hey all,
Hows you?

I got really spoilt for Christmas this year! One of my main gifts was the Urban Decay "Naked On The Run" palette. I won't lie, when I got it, I hyperventilated. Actually, I just saw the Sephora box and I was hyperventilating, but then I saw the packaging and I went into full-on OHMYGOD mode. My Mum thought it was hilarious.


ITS BEAUTIFUL!!!

For those who don't know, the palette contains one "Perversion" mascara in Blackest Black, a "24/7 Glide-On" eye pencil in Stag, a "Naked" lipgloss in Sesso, a blush, a bronzer and a highlighter, as well as 5 exclusive shades; Dive, (a metallic rose with a golden shimmer), Fix (a soft matte taupe), Resist (medium metallic taupe), Dare (a medium brown matte), Stun (a metallic bronze with light gold shimmer) and 5050 (a cool bisque satin). There are 3 shimmery shades and 2 matte shades.

The packaging is really odd, and oddly perfect. What I mean by that is that it's pretty unusual, but I personally love it. The palette in itself is smaller than I expected it to be too.

The Mascara

I'd never tried the "Perversion" mascara before, and by the time I had woken up to the world of Youtube beauty gurus, it was old news. Nonetheless, anything Urban Decay is worth a try in my book, so I wore it on Christmas day. I applied it, then properly looked at my lashes and was shocked. It makes my lashes fluttery as hell, and it truely is a "my lashes but better". I'm totally in love, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to re-purchase this when I run out! However, I've tried it both with and without a lash pump and for day-to-day use, I would recommend it without as it can make your lashes a little too big.

The Eyeliner
I'm not a massive fan of eyeliner in general because I always tend to look like a panda by 10am, but I gave it a go nonetheless. I mean, it's eyeliner. What more is there to say? There's nothing amazing about it, 


The Lipgloss

As I've already mentionned on this blog, I don't actually like lipgloss. I'm more of a matte lipstick girl personally, and this wasn't any different. I tried it anyway, but I just don't like lipgloss. I percevered with it for the sake of this review (see how good I am to you guys?). The colour is really pretty. A sort of brown toned pink (that's a shit description but you get my drift) that's very Kylie Jenner-esque. It's not as pigmented as I expected though.

The Eyeshadows

When I read up about it and I heard that there were only 2 matte shades, I was disappointed. I'm very much a matte girl, especially when it comes to eyeshadows, though seeing it now and having used it, I've totally changed my opinion. It's actually a perfect split. The 2 matte shades are all you need really.
I now understand why Urban Decay are so renound for their eyeshadows. They're so pigmented and buttery and blend like a dream. The colours are beautiful and as I already said they're pigmented as fuck. They all go together. You can mix any of the matte shades and any of the shimmery shades and they immediately create the most beautiful eye look that can be both for a night out of a day look.

The Bronzer
These were the things I was most worried about. I've never actually owned an actual bronzer before and, being a pale-ass human being, bronzer is a very delicate affair. Just one shade too dark and I end up looking like an oompa loompa. I gave it a go nonetheless. Like everything in this palette, it's super pigmented and I tried to give myself the lightest dusting ever so I didn't look too bronzed, but just subtly (then proceed to be convinced that I looked orange and that I needed to take everything off and start again because I looked totally ridiculous - news flash: I didn't). Anyway, back to the point, it's a very good, nicely pigmented bronzer that's perfect for someone who has light skin.

The Blush
The blush is actually really pretty. It look hella vibrant and bright in the pan, but really it's actually not as bright as it looks. Again it's really pigmented. There's a slight shimmer which I wasn't too enthusiastic about (like I said, queen of the matte) but it's barely noticeable.

The Highlight
I was pretty excited to try this simply because it's a highlighter and when I swatched it, it looked so pretty! I applied it on my cheek bones and my brow bones and holy cow! It's so pretty and highlights subtly but just enough so it's noticeable.

In all, I'm very happy with this palette. It's got everything you need to do 90% of your make-up. On Christmas day, I made myself up uniquely with this palette (other than powder and foundation) and I didn't feel constricted at all (as you'd expect what with it only being one palette).

It is a little pricey (37£!) but it's so worth it. This is perfect for travel. I have never ending good things to say about this palette.I shall definitely be recommending this to my friends and family who are looking to treat themselves to some pricier make-up!

Have you got this palette? What did you think of it? Let me know in the comments!

Aller Kiss,
Matti x

You May Also Like

0 comments